Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Out with the old and in with the new!

So it happened - I got into architecture - hooray!

The new year's been a bit of a blur so far: some days feel like they could last forever while other days flash by so quickly I don't know where they went!

Some highlights of the year so far include my university acceptance (of course), getting a cross trainer from my parents (I don't know if this is meant to be hint or something but I'm putting it to good use anyway), and ballet summer school - tiring but fun (I still can't walk straight).

It's crazy what's going on and what's going to happen this year.  More than half of my friends are currently holidaying overseas in Japan, Dubai, China, Korea, Europe...and it's also sunken in that I'm not going to see the majority of them everyday anymore.  In fact it might be quite a while until I see some of them.  But I guess just because something good ends, doesn't mean that something better won't begin.

Orientation in mid-February, I can't wait to meet the rest of the architecture newbies!  I also found out (thank you Facebook) that Vanessa and Annabel both got in too - I'm really happy for them/us - all those all nighters, holidays and weekends were not sacrificed in vain.  Stef got an offer too, but she's still waiting for results from some other universities first before she decides.  Susan's doing law - we've made plans for me to be her food delivery-er - Bianca's doing engineering, and maybe I'll spot a few more ex-Black Watch Tartan-ers around!

The prospect is a bit daunting, but I'm still excited all the same.  This is a whole new chapter of my life and hopefully, it will turn out to be the best one yet.

Oh, RPW (Random Pearl of Wisdom) - NEVER completely trust your GPS.  (It keeps getting highway 16 and 1 mixed up.  BIG MISTAKE.)

So, here's my "Out With the Old List"
- Procrastination is no longer in my vocabulary.
- Sleeping in/being nocturnal (same difference, I need to get into a normal human sleep pattern)
- Messy desk = out
- I will try to keep my bedroom floor visible.
- Stop using my bed as a flat filing cabinet.

...and "In With the New"!
- Get up when the alarm goes (change 'HIStory' to Mum's wake-up yells if necessary)
- Start (and stick to) an exercise regime!  I'll never get into the air force at this rate.  Use that cross trainer!
- Eat healthy.  Yes big-bag-of-tempting-Skittles-sitting-on-my-desk.  I'm talking to you.  You will now become a once in a blue moon treat.  If I manage to stick to my other resolutions.
- Find a job.  This is pretty much self-explanatory.

I just remembered - forgot all about Christmas!  Here's a brief run-down:

What I got:  Michael Jackson collage, personalised mug, score book from the musical 'Cats', and some book vouchers I happily spent on a 'Spectacular Buildings' book and Dan Brown novels.

What I gave:  Love, love, love, hugs, cameras and a dermatologist appointment (which turned out to be several (price-wise) after the prescriptions, blood test, Dermablend make-up etc...)

And what can I say about Boxing Day sales?  Not much apart from...THANK YOU JB HI-FI.

Got Michael Jackson's Vision DVD set and the new MICHAEL album (yes I've heard the rumors but I can still love the music and I won't believe what anyone else says *cough*tabloids*cough*.  I'll ask him when I see him and then I'll make a judgement.)  Is it just me or does the main cover art image not look like him while most of the little ones do?  I think he's got one of those looks that are difficult to duplicate.

And someone please tell me what TUKINO means.  I've got a bumper sticker that says 'TUKINO!  Stop deep-sea oil drilling'.  I can only assume this is an oil company but I'd like to know before I drive around with it stuck to my butt.

2 comments:

  1. Fyi Tukino is a club skifield on the eastern side of Mt Ruapehu, and sorry, tho we would certainly love to have struck oil, we don't do deepsea oil drilling! Tukino skifield is open to the public, and you can check it out on Facebook or www.tukino.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Office Angels! That's one misleading bumper sticker...

    ReplyDelete